Guillermo wrote:

> I'm working on a project with multiple programmers for the first time,
> and I'm not sure how I should go about commiting the Django project's
> setting file to the public repo. Since it can contain sensitive data,

It should not contain sensitive data. You should write sub-settings
files of test_settings, dev_settings, and production_settings (you DO
unit test, right?).

The test_settings and dev_settings should point to a PASSWORDLESS
database with localhost-only permissions. The production_settings file
should not be committed. It's the one copied up to the server.

All sub-settings files should start with from settings import * to
pull in the common settings, and should override them if they need to.
One important override is test_settings should use sqlite3 :memory:
database.

--
  Phlip
  http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand