You need one matrix table, having a row for each matrix.

You need one matrix_row table, having a row for each row of any matrix, mostly
containing a foreign key on the matrix table, showing of which matrix the row is
part, plus it's row number in that table.

And you need one matrix_row_values table, having a foreign key on the
matrix_row,
indicating of which row it is a part, plus it's column number, and the value.

There is no run time table creation involved, and this can all be done
with direct
django models, and on any database the ORM supports (maybe not NoSQL
databases, I'll have to think about that).  The access syntax wouldn't look like
2D array access, but you could fix that with a wrapper.