Using dl 0.18.1
When uploading a file via the web interface, all works correctly except
that the recipient specified in the "Send link to e-mail" field never
gets sent an email.
I tried troubleshooting this from the dl server and found the following
when creating a ticket:
- No DNS lookup is done for a mail record for company.com
- No traffic goes from the dl server to the mail server
- No errors are reported in DL's or httpd's logs
So, not wanting to jump the gun, I started a php shell as the www
user(`sudo -u www php-7.0 -a`) and tried running functions manually
looking for something that doesn't work (don't laugh, I know nothing
about debugging PHP) starting from "hooks.php:onTicketCreate()". I made
a $DATA array as follows:
php > print_r($DATA);
[sent_email] => test-em...@company.com
[id] => c919107775e8aa272c9cf5ba2d94baa4
[locale] => en_US
[name] => file.txt
where "test-em...@company.com"is a valid email address. Each of the
following function calls successfully sends an email as expected:
onTicketCreate($DATA); sends an email
mailUTF8("test-em...@company.com", "test", "test", "From:
t...@dl.company.com"); sends an email
mail("test-em...@company.com", "test", "test"); sends an email.
I'm sure the email address is properly fetched from the database because
it is displayed on the "Upload result" page.
I also logged the parameters passed to the mailUTF8() function in
onTicketCreate() and they are all correct:
logTicketEvent($DATA, "mailUTF8($email, $subject, $body, \"From:
$fromAddr)\") returned $ret");
except that the $ret value is empty (I don't know whether this is expected).
Finally, I pulled out trusty ktrace and traced the php process run by
the webserver and that run by my console. The web interface never
invokes the system's mailer, whereas running in the PHP console properly
calls mailUTF8()->mail()->/usr/sbin/sendmail and everything works.
Any pointers or tests for narrowing down the problem would be greatly