Hi Mike,

On 06/26/2017 09:43 PM, Mike Snitzer wrote:
On Mon, Jun 26 2017 at  7:49am -0400,
Zdenek Kabelac <zkabe...@redhat.com> wrote:

[...snip...]
Ohh  - I've -rc6 - while this  'revert' patch went to 4.12-rc7.

I'm now starting to wonder why?

It's been a real fix for a real issue - and 'revert' message states
there is no such problem ??

I'm confused....

Mike  - have you tried the sequence from BZ  ?
Jon (cc'd) tested it and found that the original issue wasn't
reproducible.  But that the commit in question was the source of crashes
(likely due to needing the fix from this thread).

We can revisit for 4.13 -- but I'll defer to Heinz.

Eric, please share your results from testing the latest 4.12-rc7.
Sure, but I will do it tomorrow, different timezone ;-)

Maybe, Jon can also try my producer on the latest kernel. So, we
can double confirm with each other.

Thanks,
Eric

Mike