On 04/09/2018 05:57 PM, Martin Wilck wrote:

> There are >130 files in the multipath-tools source code which don't
> have a license header. So far my *assumption* was that these files were
> covered by COPYING, which used to be LGPLv2.0.

They are under their _original_ licence. Nothing was changed inside
the files.

> By changing COPYING to
> GPLv2.0, you effectively changed the license of all these files from
> LPGLv2.0 to GPLv2.0

There is no evidence of that in any place. All references to the COPYING file
are
external files/code, with GPL licence.

$ git grep COPYING

libdmmp/docs/kernel-doc:## Please read the COPYING file for more information
         ##
libmultipath/alias.c: * See the file COPYING included with this distribution
for more details.
libmultipath/file.c: * See the file COPYING included with this distribution for
more details.
third-party/valgrind/drd.h:  otherwise indicated.  See the COPYING file in the
source
third-party/valgrind/drd.h:  COPYING file in the source distribution for
details.
third-party/valgrind/valgrind.h:   otherwise indicated.  See the COPYING file
in the source
third-party/valgrind/valgrind.h:   COPYING file in the source distribution for
details.