On Thu, 2018-04-12 at 16:57 +0200, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
> To indicate that the default licence is LGPL-2.0,
> since there are still a lot of files without a licence header.
>
> Result:
> multipath-tools/
> └── LICENSE.default -> LICENSES/LGPL-2.0

License.default is better than COPYING, which, as you said yourself,
normally refers to a GPL-type license.

But I'm unsure if this really clarifies matters. If adding my lenghty
review document to the tree is out of the question, a note in the
README might be more helpful than this link:

License
=======

The multipath-tools source code is covered by several different
licenses. Refer to the individual source files for details.
Source files which do not have a license header are shipped under
LGPL-2.0 (see LICENSES/LGPL-2.0).

Regards
Martin

--
Dr. Martin Wilck <mwi...@suse.com>, Tel. +49 (0)911 74053 2107
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton