On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 2:10 AM, Andrew Morton
<a...@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 15:01:43 -0700 Dmitry Torokhov
> <dmitry.torok...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> We can't as we end up including bitmap.h (by the way of cpumask.h)
>> form slab.h, so we gen circular dependency.

It's not just so easy. See below.

> That info should have been in the changelog, and probably a code
> comment.
>
>> Maybe if we removed memcg
>> stuff from slab.h so we do not need to include workqueue.h...
>
> Or move the basic slab API stuff out of slab.h into a new header.  Or
> create a new, standalone work_struct.h - that looks pretty simple.

I tried to move out work_struct, it didn't help. There are actually
several circular dependencies that ends in bitmap.h either way or
another.

First one is

slab.h -> gfp.h -> mmzone.h -> nodemask.h -> bitmap.h

And so on...

Splitting out kXalloc stuff to a separate header won't help, I think,
because of the above.
Splitting out struct work_struct is just a tip of an iceberg.
Splitting out memcg stuff won't help in the similar way.

I'm all ears for (a better) solution.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko