Mike,

>> You keep mentioning this, but I don't recall ever seeing anything to
>> that effect. The rest of the kernel appears to be either arbitrary
>> ordering or favoring author SoB as the first tag.
>
> I've always felt the proper order is how Jens likes it too (all dm
> commits from me follow that order).

That's fine, I don't have any particular preference. And I don't have
any issue with you guys sticking to a certain ordering in your
respective subsystems. I occasionally shuffle tags when I commit things
in SCSI too.

I just think it should be properly documented if there is a preferred
way to order things...

--
Martin K. Petersen      Oracle Linux Engineering