I agree that it looks like a bum forwarder setup from what you've
posted. Forgive the dumb question -- why are you sending reports to
dmarc.org? Are they allowing random third parties to send it reports
to them for analysis? I can't imagine sending reports of what could be
my mail to some random other third party. Is this some common thing to
help troubleshoot the spec, that I was ignorant of?

Regards,
Al Iverson

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 10:20 AM, Sebastian Schweizer via dmarc-discuss
<dmarc-discuss@dmarc.org> wrote:
> Am I the only one who gets bounces for reports to dmarc.org's reporting
> address repo...@dmarc.org?
>
> dragon.trusteddomain.org (which is the MX for dmarc.org) sends these
> bounces:
> ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> repo...@blackops.org
>     (reason: 550 5.1.1 <repo...@blackops.org>... User unknown)
>     (expanded from: <repo...@dmarc.org>)
>

> For me it looks like a faulty forwarder at their site...
>
> --
> Sebastian
>

> On 09.07.2015 15:33, Jacob Evans via dmarc-discuss wrote:
>> Can DMARC reports hurt my reputation?  I know most ISP’s treat repeated
>> NDR’s as malicious or abusive behavior.  Thoughts?
>>

>> -Jake
>>

>> Here’s a list of a few:
>>
>>   dmarcrepo...@mail.cnn.com <mailto:dmarcrepo...@mail.cnn.com>
>>
>>     SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT
>> TO:<dmarcrepo...@mail.cnn.com <mailto:dmarcrepo...@mail.cnn.com>>:
>>
>>     host smtpvip.turner.com [157.166.228.84]: 554 5.7.1
>> <dmarcrepo...@mail.cnn.com <mailto:dmarcrepo...@mail.cnn.com>>:
>>
>>     Relay access denied
>>
>>   dmarc-foren...@emedia.co.uk <mailto:dmarc-foren...@emedia.co.uk>
>>
>>    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT
>> TO:<dmarc-foren...@emedia.co.uk <mailto:dmarc-foren...@emedia.co.uk>>:
>>
>>     host aspmx.l.google.com [2607:f8b0:400d:c04::1a]:
>>
>>     550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.
>> Please try
>>
>>     550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
>>
>>     550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at
>>
>>     550 5.1.1  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6596
>> c93si5552955qgd.5 - gsmtp
>>
>>   dmarc_i...@service.alibaba.com <mailto:dmarc_i...@service.alibaba.com>
>>
>>     SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT
>> TO:<dmarc_i...@service.alibaba.com <mailto:dmarc_i...@service.alibaba.com>>:
>>
>>     host mx2.mail.aliyun.com [110.75.48.150]: 552 "RCPT TO" mailbox
>> unavailable
>>
>> dma...@email4-beyond.com <mailto:dma...@email4-beyond.com>
>>
>>     SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT
>> TO:<dma...@email4-beyond.com <mailto:dma...@email4-beyond.com>>:
>>
>>     host email4-beyond.com [67.216.72.162]: 511 Host Not Authorized to Relay
>>
>>   dmarc_...@wrtech.com <mailto:dmarc_...@wrtech.com>
>>
>>     SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT
>> TO:<dmarc_...@wrtech.com <mailto:dmarc_...@wrtech.com>>:
>>
>>     host mx1.emailsrvr.com [173.203.2.36]: 550 5.7.1
>> <dmarc_...@wrtech.com <mailto:dmarc_...@wrtech.com>>:
>>
>>     Relay access denied.

>> This message contains information that may be confidential and
>> privileged. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for
>> the addressee), you may not use, copy, print or disclose to anyone the
>> message or any information contained in the message. If you have
>> received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by reply and
>> delete the message. Thank you.

> [...]

Al Iverson | Minneapolis, MN | (312) 725-0130
aliverson.com | spamresource.com | @aliverson