Hi Jonathan,

Your thesis is incorrect: there is no connection between your specified policy and whether you'll receive failure reports. Very few receivers are willing to send failure reports so, in general, you won't receive them. There are some situations in which they are made available under NDA, but I'd suggest that that's generally only relevant for the largest senders in the world.

This does mean that you have imperfect information available on the basis of which to decide whether to switch to p=(quarantine|reject).

I would point out one useful detail which is relevant if your concern is corporate email (rather than bulk): because of the traditional handling of discussion lists (mailing lists in which subscribers may also post, like this one), some list providers will alter the From: header for messages from p=(quarantine|reject) domains, which means that p=none results will be slightly worse than they should be. To explore this, set "p=quarantine; pct=0". This is the same policy as p=none (because the 100% that fall back will fall back to none), but is enough to trigger the From: change in some cases, particularly Google Groups.

- Roland