On 03/16/2015 12:22 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> [...]
>
> The goal in allowing a comma-separated list of URLs is that you might
> conceivably want to put an http and a mailto URL in there, in the "try
> A first, then try B" sense.  We need to allow for that possibility.
> We also need to account for the possibility of a comma that is inside
> of a URL; those are the ones that need to be encoded.  Outside of a
> URL, they're delimiters.

Just to be explicit, it also allows for multiple mailto: URIs -
something that is seen "in the wild," though perhaps not if one looks up
a half dozen DMARC records at random. But at the end of January multiple
mailto: URIs could be seen in ten of the Alexa Top 100 domains, in both
"rua" and "ruf" tags.

--S.