On 07/18/2017 01:00 PM, Kurt Andersen wrote:

> We've suggested (during M3AAWG sessions) that smaller recipients can
> build out a whitelist of "commonly seen" mediators, but might there be
> value in having a mediator publish some sort of DNS record that would
> indicate that they ARC seal mediated traffic?

That whitelist - if I'm not confused - is used by the small/medium
receiver to identify ARC intermediaries whose ARC-sealed authentication
information they can take as accurate. In other words, that they can
_trust_ ARC information from those intermediaries... It's the stand-in
for the sophisticated reputation systems that the large receivers
already have.

The problems with self-identifying oneself as trustworthy are pretty
clear...

I'm missing what the other use for this information would be. What's the
result of plugging this information into the small/medium receiver's
filters?

--S.