I think the other thing that needs to be remembered is that DMARC, and
subsequently ARC, is a request to the mailbox provider/validator. ARC is
presumably used as an input for local policy in consideration of overriding
DMARC failures. The fact that ARC validation is successful at the mailbox
provider is ultimately a matter of local policy and presumably some sort of
reputation schema.

Mike