I know that there had been some very preliminary thoughts about protecting
the PSL domains themselves, but those never got very far (they were in the
context of the DBOUND WG).

I've heard from one of my contacts that country-level TLDs like gov.za are
being used for attacks and that there is not a particularly effective way
to protect against that or to protect against non-existent subdomains being
abused. (It's even worse if those public suffix level domains are being
used to send mail, but if they aren't, how do you protect it?)

Any ideas here?

--Kurt Andersen