On 2020-08-13 1:59 a.m., John Levine wrote:
In article <000001d670ee$e38f8750$aaae95f0$@bayviewphysicians.com> you write:
The author fails to recognize that we have a single-author email
architecture.  Consequently, the last entity to alter the message IS the
author.

Sorry, but no.  The structure of Internet mail is quite clear, and that's not
it.

I can believe there are people who wish it were like that, but no.

I think Doug meant the email architecture as induced by DMARC.

Some people can sit together and write a multi-authored message. If they set a multi-mailbox From:, then their message cannot be DMARC validated, and can hardly be sent to a mailing list.

Let me note that much of Doug's analysis is correct. We need to fix the weak points he mentions.

Best