On Sat, Dec 4, 2021 at 5:35 PM Douglas Foster <
dougfoster.emailstanda...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have multiple objections to this paragraph in section 5.7.2
>
> "Heuristics applied in the absence of use by a Domain Owner of either SPF
> or DKIM (e.g., [Best-Guess-SPF
> <https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-dmarc-dmarcbis-04.html#Best-Guess-SPF>
> ]) SHOULD NOT be used, as it may be the case that the Domain Owner wishes
> a Message Receiver not to consider the results of that underlying
> authentication protocol at all."
>
> [snip]
>

> I think this text was inserted because of an open ticket when discussion
> was going nowhere and a new draft was created.  Perhaps the originator of
> that ticket can elaborate on his thinking.

To be clear, the text at issue is present in RFC 7489, Section 6.6.2.

That doesn't make it immutable, of course...
--

*Todd Herr * | Technical Director, Standards and Ecosystem
*e:* todd.h...@valimail.com

This email and all data transmitted with it contains confidential and/or
proprietary information intended solely for the use of individual(s)
authorized to receive it. If you are not an intended and authorized
recipient you are hereby notified of any use, disclosure, copying or
distribution of the information included in this transmission is prohibited
and may be unlawful. Please immediately notify the sender by replying to
this email and then delete it from your system.