Hello folks,

We received a ticket about the unique IDs that are included with reporting:

--------------------------
unique-id, msg-id, and report_id are loosely defined.

The spec needs to say that they are semantically the same thing and must have
the same content.

In addition:

    Message-ID should also be based on unique-id if possible (for example,
msg-id@domain-name),
    make optional the final part of the Subject:, [Report-ID: msg-id] (like the
filename).

I agree, the references should be made to the point to the same identifying
string definition.  Today, the msg-id is required via the Subject, report_id is
required in the XSD, and the unique-id is optional in the filename of the
attached report.  Proposed is adding a suggestion to use the same ID attached
to the Message-Id header.  Thoughts about making all required or optional?

--
Alex Brotman
Sr. Engineer, Anti-Abuse & Messaging Policy