I agree with Scott. We do need to be that blunt given what people have
thrown out there because DMARC doesn't say it's not ok. One thing we have
been firm about is that if there isn't a DMARC record it isn't DMARC. For
"other things", people are free to go off and experiment with consenting
parties. If their experiment is interesting and potentially beneficial they
are free to submit an RFC. Running code and rough consensus.

For example, I accept the group consensus regarding sister domains. Once
the group publishes the final document I will publish my statement of the
problem and what I perceive as the fix. I will include specific examples of
how such attacks, using real domains, can be performed. Mail receiving
domains have one approach to mitigation. Affected sending domains have
another path. Concerned parties will take steps outside DMARC as local
policy. Those who are unconcerned will not. At some later point it may get
folded into DMARC, or it may not.

Michael Hammer