Folks,

I started adding some text around the "Report-ID" format.  I ran into a bit of
a hurdle, and thought it best to get group feedback.  We decided a while ago to
add language that the "Report-ID", "msg-id", and "unique-id" were the same.  In
the thread a few weeks ago, it was suggested the format should allow for
optional "<>", and then a mix of alphanum, periods, and dashes.  The draft
states that the filename should include the same report-id used in the subject,
however, the "<>" I believe are illegal in Windows filenames.   I left a "NOTE"
in the text in the area where we suggest they should be the same.  It's quite
possible I've misinterpreted the intent of the "ridtxt", and there's no reason
to worry. If we really want them to be the same, I'm on the edge of suggesting
that we create a format that is friendly across the board, and make it a MUST.
I say the edge because it's possible I'm missing something, and wanted to get
feedback.  Thanks folks

--
Alex Brotman
Sr. Engineer, Anti-Abuse & Messaging Policy