Then, Seth, I am confused.

We have a non-trivial number of PSL entries that have DMARC policies which
either specify relaxed alignment or specified nothing and acquired relaxed
alignment by default.   Are these organizations that have been victimized
by PSL errors, or are the PSLs that are enabling fraudulent sibling
impersonation?    Is it the same answer in every case, or different for
each such entry?    I don't think we know, and not knowing is a big problem.

The point of the Tree Walk was to detect and prevent the problems caused by
PSL errors.   So now that we have a list of problems, what is the correct
disposition?   If the Tree Walk has failed to give certainty in these known
cases, how will it provide certainty for future cases?

Tree Walk is a lot more overhead, but it is not a demonstrably reliable
solution to the relaxed alignment problem. Relaxed alignment requires
certainty about the organizational domain, and we do not have any path to
certainty.

Relaxed alignment is about 25% of the mail stream but 99% of the evaluation
work.   It needs to be phased out.

Doug Foister