On only the charter point:

On Sat, Mar 30, 2024 at 2:27 PM Jim Fenton <fen...@bluepopcorn.net> wrote:

> >> ??? Not Found
> >
> > That would be extremely out of scope, not to mention something likely to
> get the IESG to kick it back to us.
>
> The WG charter lists as the phase 1 work item for this WG, “Draft
> description of interoperability issues for indirect mail flows and
> plausible methods for reducing them.” This was published as RFC 7950
> (informational). On the contrary, I would expect IESG to kick it back for
> not even informatively referencing that work here.

I concur with Jim that rewriting strategies are in scope for the WG
according to its charter, especially if we have something to recommend
going forward.  RFC 7950 is informational and while it does discuss the
issues in significant detail, it also falls short of making a specific
recommendation.

What's probably debatable here is whether the WG wants to include such a
recommendation as part of the Proposed Standard it's aiming to put
forward.  And keep in mind that the IETF still gets its Last Call to review
the proposed document before the IESG gets it; the absence (or, indeed, the
presence) of such advice might be significant then.

-MSK, ART AD