On 19 January 2012 22:01, David Simcha <[email protected]> wrote: > On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Don Clugston <[email protected]> > wrote: >> >> And stage 3 is a bit random. We apparently have a few projects which >> must be tested (dsimcha's, for example) >> but I think most things that are tested are open source, and could >> therefore be automated. > > > Maybe SciD and Dstats should be used for automated testing of DMD. While > neither was written to be a compiler test suite, they empirically are > ridiculously good at finding compiler bugs, probably because of the coding > style which heavily uses the newest/most advanced features of D. Both are > open source and on Github. Dstats has good unittest coverage and SciD's has > improved lately, too. We might also consider other projects like these > (open source, good unittest coverage, empirically seems to frequently expose > compiler bugs) to add to the automated testing system. Does anyone want to > suggest one? > > In principle anyone could do the testing I do. I just do it because I'm > familiar with the relevant codebases and it would be very hard to break > these libs into discrete test cases to add to the real DMD test suite as > opposed to testing them as-is.
I imagine: Maintain a list of projects. Where to get it, how to build it. Download, build with latest version. pass -> green light if fails, build with previous version. pass -> red light. Otherwise, assume project is broken. Ignore and move onto next project. _______________________________________________ dmd-internals mailing list [email protected] http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-internals
