Julien, all,

let me comment to your statement in Orlando about the DMM framework
draft-liebsch-dmm-framework-analysis:

You commented that the framework assumes an architecture. Well, yes, a
'functional' architecture as it's always done by a functional framework.
We identify functional entities and dependencies between these functions.
Dependencies are coordinated via reference points/interfaces between
these functions. Functions can be co-located to a single protocol architecture
component or distributed. Functions and reference points may apply to a solution
or may not, dependent on the targeted protocol support and requirements.
So, the draft does not go beyond what a framework should do.
It simply supports building any protocol solution without being dependent
on the underlaying protocols.

Please see e.g. RFC 3154, which did the same for Dormant Mode Host Alerting.
The approach applies to many other frameworks.

Hope you can agree to this approach.

marco