Pete,

> We shouldn't require all the traffic to pay the price of centralization

I'm not suggesting that. Split model, with partial subset of the flows
going through a central anchor and part of the other traffic breaking out
locally is fine. My comment is not tie "cost" as the only argument for
enabling LBO models. Its a deployment consideration that drives that
decision. It may be about the availability of internet peering points, or
many other considerations.

> LI should be a very small proportion of the traffic, and those flows can
>be directed to a collection point as needed.

You mean small set of subscribers, or small portion of a subscriber
traffic. ?
If its later, I assumed the Communication Content (CC) for intercept (in
general) is HTTP+SMTP traffic which in most cases maps to 100% of the
subscriber traffic.

Sri