Hi Behcet,

Sorry for my late response. Let me try to answer to your questions.

> Referring to Steps 14 and 15 in Figure 4, in Step 14, Route Update (I
guess BGP Route Update) is initiated by
> which node and is going to which node?

As you see step 14 in the sequence, any specific node aren't assumed to
initiate routing update on vEPC side, due to the scope of the draft, EPC-E
router is the receiving node of routing update

> In Step 15 you have EPC-E initiating this and it is going towards RTR.
Why is this not sufficient? i.e. since EPC-E
> can detect mobility?
> Why do you need Step 14?

The reason of the EPC-E advertise route toward RTR is that EPC-E can
aggregate multiple UE's prefixes into less BGP routes as a part of normal
routing operation within operator's network. Step 14 makes EPC-E not to
detect mobility directly.

> For the uplink traffic from UE, you seem to assume that it is always
towards RTR. Could it not be directed to
> another UE? What happens in that case?

When an EPC-E router has a route for destination of the packet from UE, the
EPC-E router forward the packet to the destination. Otherwise, the packet
would be forwarded along with routing table of the router.

> You say that
> EPC-E supports the user
>       plane functions of SGW and PGW.
> So there is no PGW in your design, I mean no anchor PGW?

Yes, there're no entities of PGW and SGW in terms of user-plane. Also in
the routing point of view, since a cluster of EPC-Es share same UE routes
set, each of them can be an anchor.

> What happens to the control plane functions of SGW and PGW? Where are
they?

In terms of control-plane, they are expected to exist in the vEPC. You can
see another benefit for that in section 4.2 of the draft.

cheers,
--satoru