I agree that the discussions were kept at a high level.
But as I noted then and now, I disagree with still keeping the discussions at
high level… It's still hovering at 10k feet...
If we want to make real progress, we need to start bringing the discussion to
low level, closer to solutions.

The requirements and gap analysis documents are not strong enough to steer the
discussion in any way.
Framework documents and what Sri is showing are still very high level.

That's why I approached this from the other angle: Categorization of the
solutions.

The approach I'm proposing is:

1. Discuss the categorization.

Whether we agree to necessity of each category.
Each category would produce WG I-D(s).

(Here we can use all of our requirements, gap analysis, framework thoughts to
make sure nothing is missing).

2. Once we agree on the categories, then we discuss how to handle the candidate
I-Ds in each category.

In a given category, there are various relationships among I-Ds.
Some are complementary, some are competing. Some have different applicability.
We need to sort that out.

So, this is a divide-and-conquer approach, which also lays out how things would
come together.

I think this is more progressive than still talking about high-level principles
(which normally would have finished with the charter + requirements +  gap
analysis, but we seem to be stuck in a rip current).

Alper