Hello folks,

Now we have two kinds of identifiers that could reasonably be
grouped as a type plus subtypes.  I could specify this by writing
another section of the new draft that lays out another subtype
field after the MNID subtype field from 4283.  I guess it would
be a "subsubtype" field if we are following the nomenclature for
the fields as shown in RFC 4283.

Or, alternatively, I could specify that for some types (e.g., DUID
and RFID), the first eight bits of the identifier is the a field that
we might call the "identifier subtype".  Maybe that is cleaner.

A third option would be to update RFC 4283, but that seems to
be a bit heavy-handed.

Comments?  Or other options?

Regards,
Charlie P.