(I haven't paid close attention to the list, so apologies if I'm raising old
issues.)

1. Was the term "Nomadic" discussed? To me, a nomadic thing moves around, but
in this draft, Nomadic IP addresses do not move around; they are replaced.
"Ephemeral IP Address" might convey the idea more clearly.

2. I know this is really picky, but it wouldn't hurt to spell out "REQUIRE" in
IPV6_REQ_FIXED_IP etc.
 - IPV6_REQUIRE_FIXED_IP in parallel with IPV6_PREFER_SRC_PUBLIC

3. There is a "TDB" in section 3.4. "TBD: Disallow this case?"  This needs to
be resolved. I suggest the most restrictive flag applies.

4. Must resolve "Application of this solution to IPv4 is TBD."
 - clearly the socket option is IPV6_something, but...
 - there is uncharted territory surrounding IPv4-mapped-IPv6 addresses
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4291#section-2.5.5.2 ), when socket option
IPV6_V6ONLY is false.
 - I think the goal should be that the API *does* apply to IPv4 via
IPv4-mapped-IPv6 addresses, while acknowledging that the operating system or
network may not be able to fulfill the request.
    - I.e., permit the application to request constraints on IPv4, but also
expect the application to try for a relaxed address if the initial request
fails.
 - I see no need to support the API with AF_INET sockets, since AF_INET6 can be
used with IPV6_ONLY=false and IPv4-mapped-IPv6 addresses.

5. The error codes are not clearly defined. What is the errno for failure of
setsockopt() and others?

6. I'm unclear on when the on-demand resolution occurs? I don't think it can be
done at the time of setsockopt(); as I understand it, the addresses are
resolved later, at connect() or listen(). I'm not sure about this, but it
should be explained. If the resolution is done at connect() time, is a new
errno required?

7. Some socket interfaces are not mentioned. What about sendto(), sendmsg(),
which are not connection-oriented?

8. In section 4.1, support for legacy applications does not really say how to
support legacy applications.
 - my opinion: the default (lacking new socket options) should be to require
Fixed for listen() and Sustained for connect(), and Nomadic/Ephemeral for
non-connected datagrams.

-Dave