From: ila [mailto:ila-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Satoru Matsushima
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2018 1:30 AM
To: dmm <dmm@ietf.org>
Cc: Tom Herbert <t...@quantonium.net>; i...@ietf.org
Subject: [E] Re: [Ila] [DMM] Questions about SRv6 mobile user-plane

Hello Tom,

To make the overhead discussion quantitative and realistic, I’ve made a
spreadsheet of user-plane total overhead comparison by deployment scenarios.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_spreadsheets_d_1Fx8ilE-5FbQPkhFBoSd-2DqRS5ok2IO1i0VZbmwzZJNVh0g_edit-3Fusp-3Dsharing&d=DwIGaQ&c=udBTRvFvXC5Dhqg7UHpJlPps3mZ3LRxpb6__0PomBTQ&r=IdiSODh8aDRjdCeGgd9MznLHMYKgKcs_YSwXBDiaofh47oilzaXYRYETcBynUdpT&m=_lz35skZpHqFfzeq6RxkaHJWHMyiYtwcnWZimRwEENI&s=9LAu7dC44lPXoBoWT3q4QX5sjTPDhk1cmWlg7IQe8ks&e=

This includes not only for mobility, but also range of possible cases of real
deployment in operators to fulfill isolation, quality and reliability
requirements for mobile networks. Some of them seem most likely cases, but
others sound extreme. But I’d like to share all those scenarios to make us
aware of them when it comes to packet overhead in real deployments.

The total overhead length of the scenarios which exceed 2x SIDs (58) and 4x
SIDs (90) cases are highlighted with red color to the number and the cell
respectively in the sheet. Please take a look at it. The sheet looks a bit busy
but you may find some interesting points, or errors. Any comments and
corrections from all of you are really welcome.

Best regards,
--satoru