> Again, I think it would be more productive to work on the main subject, i.e.
> SRv6 user plane proposal by Matsushima.

Behcet – Yes,  that’s already in charter. We are only comparing various
approaches for the other paper.

Sri

From: Behcet Sarikaya <sarikaya2...@gmail.com<mailto:sarikaya2...@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 9:58 AM
To: Sri Gundavelli <sgund...@cisco.com<mailto:sgund...@cisco.com>>
Cc: "Bogineni, Kalyani"
<kalyani.bogin...@verizonwireless.com<mailto:kalyani.bogin...@verizonwireless.com>>,
 Marco Liebsch <marco.lieb...@neclab.eu<mailto:marco.lieb...@neclab.eu>>, Dino
Farinacci <farina...@gmail.com<mailto:farina...@gmail.com>>,
"i...@ietf.org<mailto:i...@ietf.org>" <i...@ietf.org<mailto:i...@ietf.org>>,
dmm <dmm@ietf.org<mailto:dmm@ietf.org>>
Subject: Re: [DMM] [Ila] [E] Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for
draft-herbert-ila-mobile-00.txt

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 11:50 AM, Sri Gundavelli (sgundave)
<sgund...@cisco.com<mailto:sgund...@cisco.com>> wrote:
They all look the same, Behcet :-)

You tunnel, it becomes LISP; when you translate it becomes ILA;  When you call
that mapping table a binding table, and keep it one place, it becomes Mobile
IPv6.

When you move that table to some cloud and push it/fetch/flood it, they all
converge :-)

A strong no, Sri. You are talking about a legacy technology that is already in
place in 4G and now being carried to 5G.
Versus a proposal to totally change it, hopefully sometime later in 5G.

Again, I think it would be more productive to work on the main subject, i.e.
SRv6 user plane proposal by Matsushima.

Regards,
Behcet

Sri