On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 5:33 PM, Voyer, Daniel <daniel.vo...@bell.ca> wrote:
> Tom,
>
> In respect of this current draft, and highlighted by Pablo’s comments, is to
> propose adding to this draft the use of encapsulation as default behavior for
> v4/v6 traffic.
>
> The use of EH insertion is totally the operator’s discretion, within the
> operator domain if the operator chose to.

Right, EH insertion could be at an operators discretion. But then so
is deploying proprietary IP protocols, overloading standard protocol
fields with proprietary info, rearranging IP headers, using IPv10,
etc. Doing these sort of things are possible and actually common in
closed networks, but they are not interoperable standards.

I'd also point out that the issues raised in the 6man discussion were
material and raised fundamental questions if header insertion is
robust even in a controlled domain. Even if the argument is that EH
insertion will only ever be done in a controlled domain, these issues
still need to be addressed I think.

Tom