At 10:19 AM 9/21/01 -0700, you wrote:
>I am trying to set up a stand-alone news server which is running fine at 
>this time.  The problem I am having is that I am really confused by the 
>access rules.
>
>Here is what I want...
>
>1) Anyone can read all public groups and no login is required.
>2) Anyone can read and post to pubic groups IF they are logged in.
>3) Only staff can post to the company groups, (but everyone else should be 
>able to read)
>4) A secret group that only staff can read and post to.
>
>IP addresses can come from anywhere so I have been using the DNews accounts.
>
>Here is what my current access file looks like:
>
>## DO NOT EDIT BY HAND except between the manual parts
>## User/passwords should be in users.dat rather than this file
>## UserGroups can be defined in groups.dat
>
>## DEFAULT RULE
>*:logoff:::!*
>
>## BEGIN MANUAL PART1 - Anything here will be preserved
>## END MANUAL PART1
>
>
>## DOMAINS
>*:read,post,:$lookup$:$lookup$:*:
>*:read:::*
>
>## PROTECTED GROUPS
>
>## IHAVE FEEDS
>
>## BEGIN MANUAL PART2 - Anything here will be preserved
>## END MANUAL PART2
>
>
>Right now I am just trying to get this to reject posts from people NOT 
>logged in but it keeps allowing them in. Does anyone have any idea what I 
>am doing wrong?
>
>After I get that working, I need to get it to allow read only access to a 
>company.news group with the exception of people I specifically put in the 
>company user group.   Last, I need for a private con
>

Try this, these 3 lines only, edit the file manually.

*:read,post,:$lookup$:$lookup$:*:
*:post:::!*
*:read:::*,!secret.group.name

                 ChrisP.


Reply via email to