At 08:13 AM 6/14/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm new dnews user.
>
>I installed dnews server on Windows 2000.
>
>I've got a problem with the newnews command and timezone settings.
>
>The machine timezone setting is GMT +0100 with daylight saving time.
>
>If post an article on dnews server at 020614 100500 GMT then the
>article timestamp is correct, but I 'm not able to retrieve the
>article at this date with newnews command. To retrieve the article I
>have to pass the date 020614 090500 GMT.
>
>Any idea or work around ?

I did a quick check and couldn't reproduce this, did you change the system
timezone after starting dnews ?  And or did you set any timezone setting
in dnews.conf ?

Try restarting dnews and then retry the experiment.

Failing that send me your dnews.conf and the log showing this behaviour and
your timezone name (from windows control panel) and I"ll retry a test with
identical details.

         ChrisP.



Reply via email to