At 09:00 AM 7/17/02 -0500, you wrote:

>I do have 5.5b5, just happend to visit their web site after a long time 
>again. Now I found out that there is a new version apparently 56a3. I'm 
>really unhappy with netwinsite.com, you can search and search till you 
>find out what is the current version, then next you search and search but 
>can't find info what are the features of each individual version. Really 
>the product marketing sucks big time. Also when there is a new version out,
>as a registered customer I would expect a notification, nada happend... :-(
>
>Let me know if you can find a feature list of all the versions, and maybe 
>one they they will post the versions of their products too.

Hi, sorry you are basically right, however there is some method to our 
madness in this
area, we don't announce new versions terribly often basically and this is 
partly because of a belief that if your system is working it probably 
shouldn't be changed. Secondly we do staged
releases, where we try and avoid having all customers upgrade on the same 
day, as this
significantly decreases the chances of a serious bug sneaking out and 
getting to
everyones system, unfortunately a side effect of this is that we sometimes 
forget to actually
announce versions :-)

However, there is an announcement list you can subscribe to:
         http://netwinsite.com/cgi-bin/dnotice.cgi?cmd=addmodify

And there is a page for updates
         http://netwinsite.com/dnews/updates.htm

And I will take some steps to make sure announcements do occur when they 
should in future.

                 ChrisP.


Reply via email to