Hi,
I can't see any reason why the rule file would require one entry per
combination.
You should be able to come up with a solution using regular expressions. If
you send me your existing rule file, I'll see if I can find a simpler
solution. Something along the lines of (not in real regular expressions) -
rexp("newsgroups","local.<any character, 1 or more>,")
and
rexp("newsgroups",",local.<any character, 1 or more>")
Should be sufficient to find if local.* is cross-posted to any other group
(including another local.* group).
- Roydon L.
----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: netwin.dnews
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2002 10:07 AM
Subject: Re: cross-post blocking in specific hierarchy...
> Over the hills and far away in netwin.dnews, Support AK came to play
>
> > At 07:20 AM 7/19/02 -0500, you wrote:
> >>Hello there.
> >>
> >>Is it possible for me to block cross-posting in a specified hierarchy ?
> >> I would like to stop all cross-posts in my local.* hierarchy... but I
> >>can't find any way. Maybe I'm just not looking properly :)
>
> Hi Chris.
>
> > Sorry, I can't see any combination of settings that will do that sadly.
> >
> > Is it really critical, we could .rul function to make it possible if
> > necessary.
>
> It's not exceptionally critical... not at the moment anyway. I just
> thought it'd save me having to work out every possible x-post combination
> and putting that into my filter.rul file. Good job there're only four
> groups at the moment :)
>
> Many thanks,
>
>
> Eddie
>