Hello there,

I guess I may have the same problem.
I'm running
200 serv-g3.ccom.uminho.pt DNEWS Version  5.7b1,, S0, posting OK
in a Sun Enterprise 250 with solaris 2.6 (no, i can't upgrade sorry)
and have the same problem. However, in my case, it's the other way around,
it hardly works right... BUT, the other feeds do work well, never timed
out.
I will be running the commands stated in previous messages, and will send
the log file 
for [EMAIL PROTECTED]

===SNIP
@serv-g3 bin]# tail dnews.log
21 11:26:50  :info: Timezone Offset -3600 dst 3600
21 11:26:57  :info: db_piles_trim called
21 11:27:00  :info: pull: [2] news02.fccn.pt pt.geral:1111 Timeout link
after 211856 seconds
21 11:27:00  :info: pull: pull_upto_set id=1 gid=1 pt.geral:1112
21 11:27:00  :info: pull: [1] serv-b3.ccom.uminho.pt pt.internet:30348
Timeout link after 197367 seconds
21 11:27:00  :info: pull: pull_upto_set id=0 gid=4 pt.internet:30349
21 11:27:11  :info: pull: [2] news02.fccn.pt pt.geral:1111 Timeout link
after 211867 seconds
21 11:27:11  :info: pull: pull_upto_set id=1 gid=1 pt.geral:1112
21 11:27:11  :info: pull: [1] serv-b3.ccom.uminho.pt pt.internet:30348
Timeout link after 197378 seconds
21 11:27:11  :info: pull: pull_upto_set id=0 gid=4 pt.internet:30349
===SNIP

Regards

================================
Marco Teixeira
Centro de Comunica��es
Universidade do Minho
Campus Azur�m
4800-058 Guimar�es
PORTUGAL

Tel.: +351 253510141
Ext.: 3141
EMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
================================

....and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious
anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my binaries, and you will
know my name is root, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.



> -----Mensagem original-----
> De: Support Auckland [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
> Enviada: sexta-feira, 18 de Julho de 2003 0:52
> Para: buckprivatemil
> Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Assunto: Re: 2 bugs in 5.7b1 Linux
> 
> 
> At 09:38 AM 7/17/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> 
> >We (my customer and I) are bringing this back from private 
> Email to the newsgroup because Chris is in denial that there 
> is a bug.  ASIDE: we did not request a solution; we reported a bug.
> 
> Hi, we seem to have managed a mis communication of some kind. 
> I gather I have unintentionally caused offense by asking to 
> confirm a particular part of the problem.  I often need to 
> confirm the 'facts' of a problem like this one as the cause 
> is usually a config issue or at least a mistake in my 
> understanding of the facts.  I realize in this case a bug is 
> very likely at the root of the problem  but it could be 
> slightly different to your description and that subtle 
> difference could make all the difference in finding the 
> problem.    And certainly I did misread the udpate_at settings.  
> 
> Anyway, if I should say 'do you really mean this' please 
> don't hesitate in 
> saying 'of course I meant that you idiot'  :-) I'll try not 
> to be in the least offended, I still have to ask such things 
> as it often saves a LOT of time and effort even if I am sadly 
> not always right (my girl friend of course is always right but that's
> getting off topic entirely :-)  
> 
> So to get back to the problem, could you do this (in dnews.conf)
>         pull true
>         loglvl debug
>         debug pull:
> tellnews reload
> 
> Then next time this problem occurs, grab the log file and send it to
> me. I hope that will give me enough clues to find the problem.
> 
> re: updateone/cached groups, update/updateone only works for 
> cached groups so you have to first set the group to cached
>         tellnews cached problem.group 9999
> I'm guessing this is already the case, but like I said above, 
> I have to
> say such things 'just incase' that is the problem no matter 
> how unlikely
> it might be. 
> 
>         Thanks,  ChrisP.
> 
> 

Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature

Reply via email to