Hi all

I've been thinking around the upgrade paths we need to provide for Devuan 1
"Jessie without systemd" (I'd still like ancient site names or computing
people names, so for me it is Devuan اَلْحَمْرَاء (put it on sources.list as
Devuan
Alhambra) or Devuan Aiken).

We must support users coming from Debian. That's why we are here. But which
Debian?

I think we should provide upgrade paths both for Jessie and for Wheezy.

Moving from Jessie to Aiken is not really an upgrade, and should be pretty
straightforward if the computer used the provided means at Debian to not have
systemd, and a bit harder, but not too much, if it is a Jessie with systemd
and the work is to free it.

Moving from Wheezy to Aiken is really an upgrade, but most of the work would
have been done at Debian already, so it should not be so hard.

Any other paths we should think about?

Regards
er Envite