No no , T.J. , I don't think your emails are a nuisance. I was rather thinking of mine, having expressed all sorts of frustrations on this list while the good guys are silently doing the job we are all waiting for with great hope. I was just thinking it was not very polite, and therefore I was just trying to moderate what I had said. I know others have been more pushy than me :-) .

    Didier

Le 14/02/2015 02:54, T.J. Duchene a écrit :
Dear developpers and maintainers, please continue providing us with
applications written in the language you prefer.
That is always an appreciated request, Diedler! =)

      I have personnal feelings about which languages are productive and
produce bug-free software and which, in the contrary let you waste your
time in correcting your bugs and eventually produce wrong result without
people even noticing. But I am afraid this leads to endless discussions.
Such discussions can be productive if they remains civilized, and does not
distract from the overall work of the project.  If my recent discussion with
Steve Litt about C, etc has been considered a distraction, I will be happy to
remove it to private messaging, with no offense taken whatsoever.  I had to
intention of being a nuisance.

      Just the following restriction: please, when your piece of software
is first of all an API, like dbus is, let it be not too much
language-oriented. I mean don't force other programmers to think like
you, or, worse, don't make the API only usable by applications written
  > in one language.

Since many APIs are stored in C/C++ libraries or accessible via IPC/pipes,
creating bindings for whatever language you happen to be using is not
excessively difficult as long as the language you are using supports some form
of external calling.

If there is something in particular you need help with, please by all means
post it to the list, and I will help if I can.
T.J.