On Mon, 09 Mar 2015 22:18:41 -0300
hellekin <helle...@dyne.org> wrote:

> On 03/09/15 19:26, Christopher Barry wrote:
> >
> > these democratic ideas. Unfortunately, just like in real government,
> > special interests can stack the deck (e.g. dominate committees) and
> > push things that are self serving and maybe not in the best
> > interests of the greater community.
> >
> *** Welcome Christopher!
>
> I agree with you that Devuan governance needs to differ from Debian's,
> and that is must consider the general interest as well as respect the
> particular.

LOL, I think it would be mighty difficult to duplicate Debian's
governance. I think doing so would require years of smugly satisfied
ossification. Judging from this mailing list, as well as #devuan and
#debianfork, I'd say we're as far from Debian's governance as
conceivable.

> Given the amount of speculation around what Devuan is and how it will
> evolve, I'd rather give it a chance to actually get there before we
> can start a discussion from a solid ground, rather than get to speak
> about the shadow of aliens, and how your vision is necessarily
> inferior to mine, because mine was raised by true Trolls that turn
> into stone when they meditate, etc.

Pre-cisely. We don't know our best governance yet. Also, if we don't
deliver a distro, all the rest is a moot point.

SteveT