Le 25/03/2015 18:04, Jude Nelson a écrit :
> 3) I don't think this is a great place for unsubstantiated attacks on Ulrich Drepper or on Ulrich Drepper's leadership of glibc.

Ulrich Drepper's bad attitude is cited as one of the main reasons Debian switched from glibc to eglibc. Source: http://blog.aurel32.net/47.

-Jude

I see two flaws in the glibc: first it is bloated, second the static version does not contain all functions. To my knowledge, the second flaw is by the personal will of Ulrich Drepper.

These are two reasons to prefer Musl libc. Nevertheless, Glibc designs the standard and this is not without merit. And I am not advocating to convert Devuan to Musl :-) there are more important things to do.

    Thanks Jude!

    Didier