On 30/03/15 15:15, Chris Kalin wrote:
I hope it's absolutely true.  Do all the ripping out and rebuilding in their
own tree, and if Linus et al don't want to merge the changes back into
mainline, distro users can use a sane kernel.  Keep your peanut butter out of
my chocolate, as it were.

Chris Kalin
Sr. Network Engineer

Last year, I was wondering why "they" didn't fork Linux kernel first and then do the systemd infection on "their" own distros with "their" forked Linux kernel. But after I thought about it further, there is no advantage to "them" to do it as that would only affect RedHat, Fedora and all distros based on them. So "they" infected systemd into all major distros first then after that "they" will start to fork Linux kernel. I was so afraid that this is going to happen. But I felt quite relief to know that some sane and intelligent people forked Debian. So I really hope that "they" are really going to fork Linux kernel and do all the infections there, as that will make Devuan easier to move on.