On 15/06/2015 05:57, Isaac Dunham wrote:
(3) Server uses "not-a-supervisor":
# write a small C wrapper that forks, execs server in child,
# accepts s6-style notification and exits in parent
fake-sv -d 1 server
client

 The main reason why I advocate such a simple notification style is
that this kind of thing is trivial to script, without a C wrapper:

 if {server &;} | read y ; then
   client
 else
   echo "Server did not notify readiness" 1>&2
   exit 1
 fi

(4) Server with s6, as far as I can tell from the skarnet docs:

 Using a supervision framework is the best solution if there is a
case for running the server independently from the client. If there
isn't, the above script works.

--
 Laurent