On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 11:12:02PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:

> From the day I arrived in Debianland, around 1/1/2014, Debian seemed to
> me to be, in the words of Lennart Poettering, "quite a sick place to be
> in.". Before I'd heard about systemd, I'd already /dev/nulled about 8
> Debianistas because of their uniform nasty response to everything. Then
> the civil war began.
>
> Perhaps Debian was destined to be replaced anyway, systemd or no
> systemd.

I'm using Debian since '99 and although not involved as developer,
''ve been following -devel and -users and a couple more list pretty
close all these years (still am).

Since sometime circa 2010 or so the Debian developer community has been
more and more dominated by people with a strong sense of property over
the project and a marked disregard for others contributors. There is an
atmosphere of aggressiveness and do-it-my-way-or-get-out-of-my-lawn,
supposedly to increase Debian quality.

However, in those years Debian became more bloated, slow, complicated
and runs on less hardware than say, squeeze. It's sad that The Universal
Operating System is less universal release after release. Very sad.

Iain Learmonth is a sociopath, but is very active and had invested many
hours into making himself a prominent DD; his aiming high in the project
and will probably be successful.

Debian is going to be another Fedora in a couple of releases with these
people leading it.

Best regards.

--
Fernando M. Maresca