Is there any way to list recommended packages for a given package?

I mean, when you run "apt-cache depends" it list a package's dependencies.
For example:

# LANG=C apt-cache depends nmap
nmap
  Depends: libc6
  Depends: libgcc1
  Depends: liblua5.1-0
  Depends: libpcap0.8
  Depends: libpcre3
  Depends: libssl0.9.8
  Depends: libstdc++6
  Conflicts: <ndiff>
  Replaces: <ndiff>
    nmap

But how can I list recommended/suggested packages?

I tried adding this in /etc/apt/apt.conf without results:

APT::Cache::ShowRecommends "true";

Cheers,
Emiliano.