Hi Rowland

On 24/04/16 02:21, Rowland Penny wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to install Devuan in a VM and it isn't working. I
> created A Devuan VM midweek and it succeeded.
>
> This time, when it gets to 'Configure the package manager' it seems
> to set up the package manager, but it just goes back to 'Configure
> the package manager' even if you choose 'select and install software'
> and press 'enter' .

It's a known issue and the fix is already in the repo.  The issue was
related to changing the security mirror settings in a udeb for the
installer.

> I first used the 'devuan-jessie-amd64-alpha4-netboot.iso' I had
> previously used, I then downloaded another copy, just in case mine
> had got corrupted, when this didn't work, I downloaded and tried
> 'devuan-jessie-netboot-amd64-alpha2.iso', this also failed in the
> same way.
>
> Has something changed in the last few days ?

I've been doing a bunch of work on the installer... preparing for the
beta release.

Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.
021 797 722