Le 27/04/2016 08:46, Noel Torres a écrit :
Joel Roth <jo...@pobox.com> escribió:
As a suggestion for an aspiring automounter writer (or
reminder to self) I was thinking that if we can get a
sufficiently unique identifier from the device (UUID, etc.)
it might be nice to map that to a memorable mount target.
It could be a noun or adjective-noun from a list that would
be automatically chosen and written to the device after
mounting.
[...]
Too weird? Okay, I'm open, just something better than
/mnt/sde7.

Why not just the Label of the filesystem being mounted?

This is what graphical mount-helpers of most DEs do, and it's the most sensible thing to do. However, the skilled admin might want to bypass this by providing a specific config for a specific uuid, like trigger some backup.

Wishlist: the "automounter" shouldn't mount automatically, by default. It should rather offer an easy mount-handle, and the umount counterpart.

    Didier