On 04/28/2016 09:28 AM, fsmithred wrote:
You could get the label from lsblk, do 'pmount label' and it will be
mounted at /media/label. Every time you plug in a thumb drive labeled
backup, it'll go to the same place. If you unmount the drive, /media/label
will no longer exist, so you could even have the backup script check to
make sure it's there.

I am a little bit fuzzy as to what distro did it, but I recall quite a few did. Then along came unmemorable UUIDs. Sometimes I wonder if I am the only one who labels partitions still. Glad to see I am not alone.