Didier Kryn <k...@in2p3.fr> writes:
> Le 08/06/2016 12:49, KatolaZ a écrit :
>> Killing all the processes at logout should be easily doable using
>> cgroups (which existed much before Poettering got his bachelor
>> degree), and is indeed easily doable with screen, nohup, and hundred
>> of similar amenities.
>
>     I looked for documentation on cgroups-v2, which is a complete
> rewrite of cgroups and is the one available in recent kernels.

> I wasn't able to find a howto. But one of the documents I found
> (https://www.linux.com/blog/all-about-linux-kernel-cgroups-redesign)
> is full of references to systemd to the point it is literally
> disgusting.
>
>     I cite:
> "Systemd and cgroup developers are working together to turn systemd
> into a global cgroup manager that creates higher-level control knobs
> and prevents direct access to the kernel.

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/cgroup-v2.txt

While I remember the stated goal of "turning cgroups into a private
property of systemd" including "then, we'll have to break userspace"
(the maintainer wrote) from about the time when the link you're quoting
was current, this doesn't seem to have happened. I suspected the
original announcement to be "intentionally inflammatory" in this respect
already.