On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 01:41:57 +0200
Adam Borowski <kilob...@angband.pl> wrote:

> I don't see any strong offenders.  Remember, task packages are meant
> for ordinary users who want an usable system out of the box.  Wasting
> some disk space is not an argument for them -- the size of tasks is
> negligible on even smallest disks you can find in semi-modern
> computers.  You don't use a task in places where such disk space
> matters (embedded, mass vserver hosting -- and that's basically it).
>
> evince -> should be atril
> avahi -> die die die
>
> Some bits are situational: orca, xsane, but for an ordinary user it's
> better to err on having them installed.
>
> > Note to self: One day I'll have to create a "reversed debfoster
> > plugin" for the upcoming devuan-installer^^
>
> It would be really helpful to fix issues in regular debfoster first,
> it's for all practical purposes unmaintained.

Hallo Adam,

when I install a system for even more ordinary users, I still try to
keep it slim and sleek. More bloat, more stuff to fix later on...

I use debfoster regularly, it's usually one of the first things I
install and run when the base system is up. And I am not aware of any
trouble that I charged debfoster with instead of my own inadvertence -
although I would like it to list other packages which recommend the
one it suggests to remove.

What problems do you see regarding debfoster? And what do you suggest
as best practice?

libre Grüße,

Florian