On Fri, Jul 08, 2016 at 04:34:27PM +0900, Simon Walter wrote:
> On 07/08/2016 09:23 AM, Hughe Chung wrote:
> >
> >Who was the organizer of the conference? How they allowed frequent
> >interruption by the idiot during the presentation?
> >
> >It was a real video footage. A drunken idiot went to the stage at the
> >end of presentation carrying a bear bottle on one hand.
> >
> >I posted the video link to other FOSS forum.
> >
> >Action outweighs thousands words of the person. The time will tell how
> >much damage would systemd cause on FOSS ecosphere overall. Empty
> >promises of systemd.
>
> Absolutely. Lennart's attitude of "it's free, so don't complain" and "no one
> is forcing you to use it" is deceptive. If I make a calculator and release
> it under an open source license, I might be able to use that line. You can't
> have that attitude when you are making (what should be) inter-operable
> components of an operating system. He continually commits logical fallacies
> and says "You should know..." He seems very snobby. The beer part was over
> the top. They should have never given him a microphone. He's obviously a
> bully and therefore insecure. He has something to prove.

You are making a simplifying assumption here, which might somehow
affect the conclusions. Namely, that they are interested in making
"interoperable components", which is clearly not the case, since the
usual answer you get from that crew is "won't fix" and "it's your
software and your problem, not mine".

I am nevertheless convinced that evolution will eventually average out
such evident anomalies, because the free software community has been
based on collaborative behaviour, and if "won't fix" becomes the norm,
there will not be a community any more...

HND

KatolaZ